Gather round, gather round

Welcome to all!

I am very excited to be starting this new blog, The Curious World of Victorian Collecting. My hope is that it will become an exploratory space for me to reflect on what I have discovered in the course of my research, share ideas and test theories, but primarily my focus is celebration of the incredible capacity of the Victorians to collect.

The blog is supposed to be a joyous one, so I hope things don't get too dry, or too abstract, and that you can share in my fascination with collectors.

My intention is to post once a month, and for each post to speak about a Victorian collector or collection which has excited me recently. The first posts which I have lined up to be published soon are about the Cuming Museum in Southwark, and Enid Marx's interest in Folk Art.

Thanks for joining me.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to taking this journey together.

    ReplyDelete